Sunday, February 3, 2013

RELAXING IN PARADISE


Wednesday we awoke to a beautiful sunrise.  Sun stays hidden until after seven and I have an eight am Zumba class that requires 3,000 steps up the beach so it is an early departure.


 I certainly can't start the day without my cup of coffee.  I am lucky that the yacht club has decided to cash in on all the tourist leaving on excursion boats early in the morning and is selling all sorts of high calorie, high caffeine products.  The days are starting off very cool, low 70s so jackets are necessary early on.




Zumba is being led by my longtime friend Sylvia Fox who is staying in PV for 5 months this year.  She is doing a great job of getting us all in shape and raising money for the local turtle population.  I only made two weeks of classes but am determined to continue when I return home.  Great fun







We even got the guys to walk up the beach with us, well a little slower and slightly behind us.  Their reward was a fantastic breakfast on the beach watching lots of beautiful women shimmy and shake to the music.  Use your imagination.  Over coffee we decided it was a good day for taking Di's Dream out for a shake down cruise.






We had tied our boat to our neighbors during hurricane season so it was going to take some time and engineering to get us ready to cast off.  Lines were very stiff and difficult to untie, next year were won't wait this long to take the boat out again





I am not sure what Ken was doing on his computer because I assure you that there is no internet out on the bay but he is hard at work.  Pamela, Judy and Dennis were definitely in a relaxed mode, Rog as always was checking out his sails.  It was a beautiful day and it was decided  that Di's Dream was ready to go.



No comments: