Monday, February 25, 2013

More Grand Bay Hotel

I have posted many pictures of the Grand Bay Hotel from the outside or from the marina but I thought I should post a few pictures of this beautiful hotel from the inside.





Over Valentine the marina dropped its rate to 50 cents a foot so quite a few cruisers took advantage of the special pricing.  Unfortunately, once the rate went up most of the cruisers pulled out which did give us more lounges to choose from at the pool.  


When Roger was up in the states I had a bit of free time on my hands so decided to go explore the small building that you see just as you enter the Bay.  I was totally blown away by the beautiful architecture and interior decorating.  The chandelier in the main entrance was breathtaking.


I am sure no one ever sits in this room but I do love the decode.  I tried the chairs and they were comfortable if I had been a bit taller but then most people are taller than I am.


Same room, just a bit different angle.  I was interested to see the horse sculpture centered right in front of the picture.  I like the look, I probably would have put it off to one side with the candles next to each other.  I have as spot to try this at home.



I see that they have the same problem with light cords that I do.  When you have tile floors there is no way to hide the cords.  I thought ducks were out of date as far as decorating goes, guess I was wrong.


I loved this trunk and know where it would pe perfect in our new home, just don't think the hotel would give it up and I know rog wouldn't let me bring it home on the boat.  Also, how do they keep all those plants looking so good.



Nicki on Seychelles joined me on this walk to the entrance point on the harbor.  We spotted this lovely little beach and had to do some serious shell hunting.  She hunted and I watched, lots of fun.


If only I had a staircase at home, I love the way the asparagus ferns lead you up to the front door.  Again, I am not sure how they get watered, it hasn't rained down here since we arrived Feb 4, but someone must water by hand.













3 comments:

Rina Millie said...

i usually visit your blog and really like the content of your blog. really amazing. keep your good work going and best wishes.
Yacht Rental In Dubai

Unknown said...

I read this article and I get very useful information about grand bay hotel. Its provide such luxury facility and ultimate service to tourist. You have done wonderful job.




Hotel

Unknown said...

I often visit your blog and really like your blog's content. Really amazing. Keep your good work and best wishes.

nfl jerseys cheap