Monday, April 2, 2012

Watching the Basketball Game




It is Monday night and we have found a spot to watch the basketball game here at Paradise Village.  The lobby bar sports two big TVs and one is tuned in English to the KU/Kentucky game while the other is rocking in Spanish to a soccer game.  Needless to say, you can't hear a thing from either TV but the atmosphere is fun.  Right now KU is not doing so well, if fact it is not working out well at all but there is always hope.

What are our plans?  Not sure, not sure at all.  The weather is not saying go but it isn't so terrible that is says stay.  On top of that the port captain closes for Easter weekend Thursday so if we want to go anytime before Monday we have to go ahead and check out.  What to do, I guess we will get ourselves all ready to go and decide on Wednesday.  We do want to get up to the Sea at some point this season.

Along that line I did go to Costco today to pick up necessary supplies.  I am now well stocked on cheese, deli meat, stewed tomatoes and canned tuna.  It is hard to figure out exactly what we will eat over the next two months and not have any leftovers when it is time to leave the boat.  I try to leave the cabinets bare when we return home for the summer.  Fresh produce was also picked up but we will have that consumed before we leave Mazatlan.




The basketball game is going from bad to worse and the bar is running out of beer so I think it might be time for us to call it a night and head back to the boat.  My KU team still deserves my support but I may have to read about this in the morning

1 comment:

Dave Gabrielson said...

Sorry, I had Kentucky all the way!! I love the pics, the race "play by play" and all your other commentary. Maybe you'll see Andy & Debra in the sea...I believe they are on their way north already...always great to see your very smiling faces...looks like a permanent smile!!

all the best,

Dave & Lisa