Saturday, January 21, 2012

Bara de Navidad


On our last trip home Roger decided I needed a new laptop computer and offered to take me by Best Buy as we headed out of Bakersfield. I knew we were headed to Carmel where there was an Apple store very close to where we were staying and that was where I wanted to shop. Why not have all our electronics match? So a new Mac laptop it was.



So now I had to sit at a coffee shop in Bara de Navidad trying to download Microsoft word, all 992 MB of information. Have you ever tried to do this over Mexican WiFi, not an easy task and one that took the better part of the day. In the meantime I was able to get caught up with all my email and other computer related chores. Our friends Jay and Kat also stopped by to get caught up on their email and to check on weather conditions for heading north.


I know I am not very good at spelling but I can figure out what the little coffee shop had to offer in the way of food. I have to admit that their coffee was strong and hot, their fruit smoothies very refreshing and their sandwiches excellent. I was there way to long!

No comments: