Sunday, June 26, 2011

Dire Predictions



Forty four years ago when I was a very young girl of 19 my Mother made some very dire predictions. You see, I wanted so very badly to get married to this guy by the name of Roger and my mother was throwing a complete fit. We were both way too young and dropping out of college. She had never thought I would do anything so irresponsible! He was nothing but a boat bum out of Newport Beach, CA., never mind that she had married a life guard from La Jolla. I couldn't remind her of that and my Dad did graduate from Cal Tech and Stanford so it wasn't quite the same. So she predicted that we would have too many kids, we have three fabulous kids, live on some boat just anywhere, I kind of like Puerto Vallarta, and eat hand to mouth, yes our yellowfin tuna was mighty good.



As Rog and I were enjoying a beautiful dinner overlooking the marina here at Paradise Village wishing Both of Moms were still alive to celebrate our 44th wedding anniversary we were remembering our Mothers dire predictions and how they have finally come true. Mom never said when all these terrible things were going to happen, she just warned me and I am glad she did or I might never had to enjoy the fabulous times Roger and I have shared.


We have seen whales breaching right in front of the boat, had the thrill of reeling in huge sailfish out in the middle of ocean, sailed under the full moon while crossing from Mazatlan to PV, enjoyed the morning sun as she woke us up, met many wonderful cruisers and most of all gotten to know the very friendly and courteous local Mexicans.

No comments: