Saturday, January 22, 2011

Dinner out on a Friday


I have mentioned before that I had put Rog on a power budget with an emphasis on reducing the hours that we run the genset.  We have been on a bit of a water budget too just because of the leaky water heater and the fact that when you don't run the genset you do not have very HOT water so showers are not as fun.  Well, I did not mention that Rog had put me on a dining out restriction  to get even!!! So I have been cooking all our meals on the boat since New Years eve and if I might say we have been eating very well.  BUT I AM TIRED OF COOKING

Thurs we left the Barra lagoon and made the short trip down to Santiago where we had planned to spend the better part of two weeks working on relaxing.  I took that to mean I would not have to cook dinner on Friday, made sense to me.  We remembered the Oasis Beach where we had a fabulous dinner two years ago so I lured Rog away from the boat with the promise of two for one killer margaritas during happy hour.  We we ordered our first round we each got just one drink, perfect.  When we ordered the second round we both got two very strong margaritas so there was never any discussion about heading back to the boat for dinner.  Marilyn and I both knew it would be a long time before the guys even figured out that they had been had!

More cruisers stopped by to join our table during happy hour and we had a wonderful time.  Tom and Cary from Dragon's Toy joined us for drinks but missed Happy Hour on their second round, no problem.  The table next to us was two couples who had left Chicago Friday morning where the temperature was zero to arrive in Manzanillo to blue skies and 80 degrees.


After a fabulous dinner we were thrilled to learn that we would be entertained by an Elvis impersonator as the DJ.  We got to dance to all our old favorite tunes into the wee hours.  Yes boys they played Sweet Caroline without dad even requesting it!!  We also got BaBaBaran just as we were ready to leave.



We were lucky enough to have a beautiful full moon when it was time to return to the boat.  The guys had finally sobered up and could manuver the dingies without a problem.

As of our last discussion Rog and I have decided to head down to Zihuatanejo for the Sail Fest.  We should be leaving here on late Tues and will stop somewhere along the way for a bit of a rest before arriving in Ztown Thursday.

No comments: