Monday, December 8, 2008

Fun Shots in La Paz



Our first day in La Paz Rog and I went for a LONG WALK around town. We took local transportation down to Marina La Paz to join friends for a cup of coffee. After a bit it was decided that we all needed to head up to the local version of West Marine. Of course Monday was a holiday and they were closed so no necessary purchases were made. There were two of the meanest dogs guarding the place too--scared the daylights out of us.



I was in love with all beautiful gardens we passed along the way. I had to take a picture of this Ficus Benjamin--I could never get one to grow this big back home. They usually last all of a year and then just start losing their leaves.


On our walk around town I could not believe my eyes when I found this dress shop. The dresses are unbelievably beautiful, must be meant for pageants?? My daughter knows exactly how I reacted to finding such unusual gowns on a back street in La Paz.
The main reason we had gone to La Paz was to meet up with our good friend Sergio. Those of you that have seen all the stainless work he did on our boat know how much we appreciate him. We had a great visit with him and his lovely wife Lupe. We were treated to a fabulous tour of La Paz and then treated to an amazing meal at their home. On our next visit to La Paz we agreed to take Sergio and his wife out sailing to the nearby islands and then she is going to give me a few cooking lessons.



Sergio's new home included a cabana / pool area. Mexico is looking more inviting all the time




No comments: