Saturday, December 25, 2010

Whale of a day


Michael and Sylvia Fitzgelard are dear friends of ours who now live in the Puerto Vallarta area whenever the weather is bad back home. Lets see, San Francisco rain, New York snow or PV where you get the same weather this time of year day in and day out.


Last week they asked us if we would like to go whale watching, sure why not. Any excuse to go sailing is fine by us!!! So we took Di's Dream out of the slip one again. We have now used the boat more in one month that we did the entire last year in San Francisco.
My whale pictures did not turn out too well but I invite all my friends to take a look at the youtube video that Michael produced. We had a fantastic time and saw so many whales. Now I want to learn more about their habits so I can better understand what we witnessed. The shot of the whale coming out of the water tail first is reportably a mother trying to give birth. I need to research this a bit more.