Sunday, February 15, 2009

Lucky Try

I had not heard from Rog since he left Bahia Santa Maria on Friday noon. I had expected him to drop anchor on Sat around noon so when I didn't hear from him I guessed that he decided to head straight to Turtle Bay. Part right, part wrong!! Friday night he got the winds that I had predicted for Sat afternoon, 35knts on the nose. He slogged through that until he arrived at San Juanico. There he met up with the sailing vessel Ruby again who had been monitoring the ssb and was all set to head back out to sea. After a brief 4 hour rest the guys pulled anchor and took off once more for Turtle.

When I awoke this morning there was a text message on my cell from Rog saying that they were underway. Not knowing when the message was sent I tried to call around 7am. Reached him on the second ring!! still ten hours out of Turtle Bay but in very calm conditions. They should be in the bay around 5pm which will make it too late to get fuel. The bigger problem is that the weather is closing out around Cedros late Monday thru Wed and he will not be able to get north of that in time. Sooooo----he will be sitting in Turtle Bay until sometime Thurs. He may even get a bit of rain which would be a good thing to wash the boat. Last time I saw her she was covered in sea salt and needed a good wash down.

I am driving to SF today and will let everyone know later that the gang is safely in Turtle

No comments: