Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rain, Thunder, Lightning




Hurricane Beatrice has been down graded to a tropical storm but that does not mean she went quietly. We had prepared for her arrival yesterday with all sorts of inside the boat projects, enough food to last a couple of days and videos in case the TV went out and we couldn't watch Wimbledon. But nothing happened. It was very overcast, the sky looked very threatening but we were able to stay dry. I even went to work out in the gym in order to stay out of Rog's way while he had the floorboards up.

Around 5am this morning I noticed Rog was no longer in bed! I quickly figured it out when I saw a huge flash of lightning followed by a tremendous bang of thunder. It reminded me of the summer storms back in Kansas. Yes, I grew up there long enough to remember some very powerful storms, even had a tornado hit our home. The lightning lasted about 20 minutes but that was enough to get me up for the day. The rain has ended for now but we could continue to get rain off and on today. I will have reason enough to stay on the boat to watch Wimbledon all day. Happy girl

No comments: