Thursday, September 9, 2010

In Monterey







Blogging has become difficult for the time being. First I thought I could download all my pictures from my camera to the new Ipad we received for a retirement present. That did not work, I can blog on my Ipad, but I can not figure out how to upload pictures!! Bad deal because I put all my pictures for our departure there and wiped them off my camera card. Now I have to figure out how to move them to my Me.com account and down load to this computer. Sounds easy but sitting on the boat using 3G did not work so a wireless connection needs to be tried.

All said I am beginning to remember how to do this. I need to identify pictures in my album and then compress so that they are not to large for our friends to see. So here goes. My days will be a little out of order until I figure out how to get my exit pictures over to this computer. It will happen, I have Eric Anderson sitting next to me!! Or I will have to wait until Mark Koehler comes down to San Diego.

Food is very necessary and cooking on the boat is not always what the girls want to do!! So now that we are in Santa Cruz we found the closest breakfast spot overlooking the harbor entrance for a second cup of coffee. Darn--no internet here.


Next time you are in the Santa Cruz we all recommend Aldo's for a great $5.95 breakfast of eggs, french toast and bacon!! Full Shell, Kat Den Rie, Hotel California joined us before we all pushed off for Monterey.

It was a fabulous sail from Santa Cruz to Monterey with winds of 15 to 20 knots out of the west, yes out of the west not the south, making it easy to sail at 7 1/2 to 8 knts. Rog was a very happy camper, we hope there are many more days like yesterday. Di would like it to warm up just a bit but is otherwise very happy.

We are both getting adjusted to the cruising life. Adjusting the sails, going up and down the companionway repeatedly is making for sore muscles and aching hands. This too will pass I am sure


We got a wonderful slip in Monterey thanks to Scott Pryor who is also a Catalina 470 owner. We got to enjoy cocktails with him and his wife Debby our first evening in port.

This is Thursday morning, not sure of the date, and we are having crepes and internet connections for breakfast. Di's dad will be coming down to the wharf for a visit and a Rob Roy Perfect!! We will try to hold him to two drinks.

No comments: